Saturday, August 4, 2007

theological withdrawals

I am having theology withdrawals. I miss God. I know that sounds weird, but I do. I don't spend as much time with the Bible as I used to, and I miss it. Of course I need to finish my honors book, and actually reading the Bible again would alleviate the problem, however I find myself typing here and talking on AIM. But I have been thinking about my radio job, which has lately found itself grating to me, although part of that is related to some, one in particular, people I work with. And I don't doubt that some of it is my own personal hell making life difficult for me. But I at least would like to believe that it is simply a way of communicating to me that this is not what I was made for. I do understand that I will have to suck it up and deal with it, if I want to keep earning money to pay rent and such things, but maybe I can find something better. Or just move closer to Austin and work at Ritz Camera. Had it not been 130 miles from school, I would have kept it longer. That is, however, a bit of a commute. Well, I must admit I was a bit disillusioned by the new manager we got at the end of the summer, but I might could've figured it out. Or moved to the other store. W.e. I have seen posters occasionally about how people with mental illness enrich our lives. In other words, crazy people make life more interesting for the rest of us. Oh well. Someone's got to do it, I guess. But, as my theme song says, I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell. Matchbox Twenty. Hopefully soon I will produce more theologically stimulating thoughts. Patience is a virtue, my friends, and for good reason. It ain't easy. And the whole purpose of this blog was to speak something of significance, to practice writing, maybe just to open myself and explore that option. Maybe I've succeeded so far. We'll see. It hasn't been utter failure, at least. Now I shall return to The Omnivore's Dilemma, see what I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment