Tuesday, December 9, 2008

surviving the Apocalypse

Have you seen Wall-e? I think it's a cute movie, and I love how he has a pet roach and feeds it Twinkies, in what is effectively a ruined Earth. So, after discussing my old marshmallows with my roommate, I have decided I should make a list of things that would survive the Apocalypse. If you aren't on the list, you probably won't make it, and thus stocking up on these things would be a rather moot point, but one never knows, and as they say, luck favors the prepared. Here goes:
Twinkies (I would imagine it might be possible, if one ate enough Twinkies, to survive the apocalypse by absorbing all those preservatives. if you didn't get sick first)
Marshmallows. They don't mold, they simply get less fluffy. I am beginning to wonder if one wouldn't be able to build a dwelling out of marshmallows, because they don't even melt well anymore once they get old, and they might even be a nice insulator...
Spam. That's all I've got on that one. It's spam.
Corn tortillas. I didn't know this before, but corn tortillas are a sort of miracle food. I don't know, maybe they have as many preservatives as a Twinkie (at least the ones from HEB), but we have some from who knows when, and they are still good as ever. They seem to never actually get bad. Who knew?
Roaches. Gross, I really can't stand them, but they are also notoriously difficult to kill, no matter how many times you kill them.
Ok, well I'm sufficiently distracted and can't come up with any more, feel free to comment with some if you think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment