Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Reformation Day and other thoughts

Red text for Reformation Day. Anyway. This is a pep talk to myself, as it were. I am having trouble now deciding if my therapist is useful since he said he doesn't believe in altruism except maybe towards children. And I am beginning to learn somehow that I can and must change ways of thinking if I want to be better. So here's an attempt at positive thinking. I am useful, a good person, worthwhile, and important. I am cared for and loved and important to other people. I have a purpose to discover, and something to give the world. I am intelligent, talented, and have gifts to use and share. It is Reformation Day, the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the Wittenburg church in 1517. It is time for personal reformation for me, and time for me to embrace the opportunities of reformation. I want to be, and I can't let crap get me down. Time for the stubborn self of me to stand up again and say no to hell. I have been saved, freed, given grace so that I may live, and it's time to live. I may have to repeat this, but I am tired of being sick. Tired of being like this. And I have as much to do with change as anyone. So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment